Mercy Community Services SEQ Limited
Mercy Community Services (MCS) is a new Catholic Ministry owned by the Brisbane Congregation of the Sisters of Mercy. MCS is based on core values of Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity and has as its primary purpose the support and empowerment of those who experience poverty, are vulnerable, marginalised or in a position of disadvantage. This purpose is achieved through the following service streams:
- Aged Care Services
- Disability Services
- Employment and Training Services and
- Family Services.
At any point in time over 700 Mercy Community Services staff work with more than 4,000 clients in the areas of
- child protection
- multicultural community support
- family mental health
- community and residential based aged care
- disability support
- employment and training.
These services support people from all communities including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people who have settled in Australia from other parts of the world.
MCS is strengthened by the diversity of skill and experience of staff and volunteers and celebrate the opportunity this presents to develop truly integrated, life enhancing models of service.
Through the actions of merciful love, Mercy is given and received.
Aged Care Services
MCS Aged Care Services provides residential aged and community care in the North Brisbane region with modern facilities at Nudgee and Wooloowin. Specialist staff are committed to holistic, relationship-based care, promoting unity and commitment.
Maintenance of wellness and self-determination are at the core of a service model, which is recognised for innovative best practice in:
- Dementia care
- Care for people ageing with intellectual disability
- Palliative care
- Specialised clinical care.
MCS Aged Care Services aims to provide quality care, supporting residents to achieve individual growth, spiritual development and emotional security.
MCS Disability Services offers services to help people live a fulfilled life of choice. People are supported through advocacy, education, engagement and integration, with the aim of enhancing well-being and building on personal capabilities. Services and programs include:
- Community supported living services
- Supported accommodation
- Accommodation respite
- Emergency respite
- Day respite
- Leisure and employment training support services including the Cookery Nook.
Employment and Training Services
MCS Employment and Training Services provide quality employment and training services to help people gain meaningful employment. Through the provision of:
- Traineeship services, for existing worker and new employee
- Skill set training
- Mature aged skill development
- Pre-vocational training and support
- Work experience opportunities
- Job seeker skill development training
MCS Employment and Training provides skill development that is responsive to changes in the workplace and enhances an individual’s growth lifelong learning and employment prospects.
With over 3,000 active students, MCS Employment and Training works with some of Australia’s biggest employers as well as government and support agencies to build community capacity and to help those in need reach their potential.
MCS Family Services delivers inclusive, responsive and innovative services for children, young people and families in South East Queensland. Core services which include:
- Out of home care for children and young people
- Support services for young people and families who need help in meeting the care and safety needs of their children
- Multicultural programs for community detention, refugee and migrant families in the Brisbane/Logan area and the Toowoomba/South West Region.
- Former residents of St Vincent’s Home program providing support to former residents and their families,
- promote authentic engagement and compassion helping disadvantaged and vulnerable people and families feel valued, connected and strengthened and have hope for the future.
Mercy Heritage Centre
The Mercy Heritage Centre is a social history museum dedicated to preserving the legacy of the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane through interactive and educational exhibitions, demonstrations and guided tours as well as research projects and publications.
Situated within historic All Hallows’ Convent and overlooking the Brisbane River and Story Bridge, this is a unique cultural heritage setting.
Mercy Place, situated in the foothills of Mt Coot-tha and bounded by the Brisbane Forest Park provides a peaceful setting that is perfect for conferences or reflection days where environment is a number one consideration.
The venue features three air-conditioned conference rooms, courtyard facilities (perfect for breakout areas) and affordable on-site accommodation for up to 47 people.